There are many ways to make keeping your space clean a lot easier and a lot of little-known tricks you can employ. At Spotless, we hear all sorts of tips for office and workplace cleaning and every now and again some may be put into practice. Here are some of our favourites we have heard of over the last few years.
- Use newspaper to absorb bad smells in fridges. This is a handy trick for eating the odours of any enclosed space, it’s not just useful for fridges but is also useful for to make shoes, draws and cupboards less smelly. Not only that, but it is also a green cleaning method as the newspaper can then be recycled. Remember, reuse, reduce and recycle.
- Using coffee filters is a great way of cleaning screens such as TVs and computer monitors. These catch dust, lower screen static and won’t leave any annoying fibres behind as with paper towels.
- Canned air is great for cleaning out any inaccessible dust. Using canned air is a great way of getting any dust which you can’t reach with a duster out of cracks, crevices, nooks and crannies, such as the inside of your computer or phone.
- Lint rollers are a good way of getting rid of any dust on any lamp shades you might have. Lint rollers can easily dust both the inside and outside of lampshades, which can often be a challenge due to their odd shapes and designs.
- Fill a microwave dish with water and run it in the microwave for one minute. Then proceed to give the inside a good clean with a sponge. This is a massive time saver when cleaning your microwave.
- When your glue gun is still hot from use aluminium foil to wipe off any excess glue. This is a great cleaning method for glue guns which can often get very mucky with hard to clean glue.
- Crumpled newspaper can be used to quickly dry shoes. This method absorbs the moisture out of the lining of the shoes and will often ensure that they dry overnight.
- Broken glass can be picked up by being pressed by a slice of bread. This is a much safer way of collecting broken glass from any accidents than by simply picking it up with your bare hands and will often pick up the smaller bits of glass you might miss too. (CAUTION: Remember to make sure no one eats the bread after!)
- Baking soda and bleach can clean pretty much any grime on hard surfaces. This is one of the best cleaning mixtures you can use when cleaning hard surfaces due to its impressive versatility.
- Clean out a stinky coffee grinder by grinding uncooked white rice in it. This cleaning tip will have your coffee grinder smelling fresh and clean in no time.
If you have used any of these quirky cleaning tips in the past please let us know how you got on via social media, it would be great to know if they worked for you. If you have any other cleaning tips you use in your home, office or workplace then tell us about them on our Twitter page https://twitter.com/SpotlessCambs
For any questions about your commercial cleaning needs in Cambridge, contact our team today.